Saturday 5 March 2016

Less is More #266

Hi there friends! It's Saturday again ... Whoopie!

Hope you are ready for a new challenge from Less is More
but first of all ... what do you think of our awesome new teamies?
Sharon premiered last weekend and today Sarah G & Susan will be 
making their debut so if you've not already visited the main blog HERE
you need to check it out and make them feel welcome! 

Ok I better tell you what the challenge is hey!
It's Colour week and this one is called CITRUS
 ... although you don't necessarily need to show fruits on your card.
Here's mine and I can't wait to see what you make of it!


I started with a little inky blending through a My Favourite Things
Concentric Circles stencil using distress inks in Carved Pumpkin, 
Mustard Seed and Twisted Citron. Using the same distress inks
I've sponged colour onto my cocktail images from Paper Smooches 
Free Spirits with a sentiment from the same set. To finish I couldn't resist
adding a couple of enamel dots by Doodlebug just because they match!



Being the start of a new month we have a new sponsor and once again
Kylie of Happy Little Stampers is our generous sponsor so in her honour
I've used the Butterfly Birthday set from Happy Little stampers here, embossed
in White Hero Arts EP then coloured with twisted citron distress ink before
fuzzy cutting. The 'Hello' Greeting is from Uniko: Simply Said and a few more
of those Doodlebug Sprinkles - I simply can't resist 'em! The panel is die-cut using
a basic stitched border die from MFT Die-Namics

I do like to try and link to other challenges so this one is heading over to 
Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge where it's a new technique for me
'Faux Mother of Pearl' If I'm honest when I'd watched the video tutorials I 
thought 'Hmmm! I'll be sitting this month out' but I decided to have a go and
WOW! I cannot believe how straight-forward it was with Liquid Pearls and 
distress inks (yellowy section of my card). I'm thrilled with the result and love
the effect - I urge you to have a go if you haven't already!!!


I also used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) This Sketch so I'll skip over there too!



Last but not least ...


The intention was to make this card portrait rather than landscape 
but 'hands up' I made a smudgy bodge with some ink and balloon strings 
went crazy so I switched it to this layout - fortunately the sentiment hadn't been
added! Phew! The balloons are die-cuts from Paper Smooches, inked with 
distress inks and spritzed with perfect pearls. The sentiment is My Favourite Things:
Brushstroke Birthday with the 'today' and balloon strings from Uniko.
I've also added some texture to the card base with a WeR Memory Keepers 
Next Level embossing folder of parallel lines. 


Ok that's all from me for now but I do hope you'll skip over to the 
main blog to check out my fabulous teamies' work HERE and I'll catch
up with you all again soon.

Have a fun week and thanks for calling by!



Sarah

25 comments:

  1. Loads of super zingy citrus colours Sarah, each card a little masterpiece!
    I must get some of the little coloured dots you use on many of your creations.
    Wonderful as ever!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collection, Sarah! I need to have a go at the faux mother of pearl technique, I love the effect it creates.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all stunning! I particularly love the concentric circles stencil and the gorgeous three colour effect, but WOW to the faux MoP technique too - it's so effective! The balloons actually look great in landscape... like they're bobbing along in a breeze. Love all of these and thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb examples for everyone to look at Sarah, loving all of them.
    Must try out the Faux mother of pearl because it looks amazing.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning, teamie!! Thanks for the welcome - I have been looking forward to this morning all week :) Love your zesty cards - that MFT stencil provides a great base for your cocktail and I don't have any of those distress ink colours either. The soft colours on the butterfly look fabulous and a great save on the balloon card - they look perfect in landscape! Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to showcase the card you posted on the Cas(e) This Sketch challenge. It's so beautiful ... your choice of colours was just perfect! Thank you for inspiring me!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your creations Sarah! Awesome. That lime green butterfly almost looks translucent, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous trio of zesty, zingy card, Sarah ... they're positively mouthwatering! So happy you had a play with faux mother of pearl and joined in with this gorgeous butterfly at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sarah, what a fabulous trio of Summer-like cards!!! LOve them all - gorgeous! Aren't we happy to have tried that MOP technique? Fun!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything citrus, so each of your cards speaks to me. This is one of those times when I can't even begin to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fab cards...I'll have the drink please...adding any of these to TO??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three great cards. Love how you've used the stencil in the first card, love your faux mother of pearl and love how you've used the die cut balloons. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three great cards. Love how you've used the stencil in the first card, love your faux mother of pearl and love how you've used the die cut balloons. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sarah, what a colors!!! Love both cards, but first one is so much fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous zingy vibrant cards Sarah. I think the balloons look fab landscape style - sometimes mistakes can make things even better ! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great selection of cards Sarah and stuggling to find a fav, but that pocket shaped die is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so, so glad you gave the faux mother of pearl a go! What a sensational card you created. I'm LOVING the citrus colours with the butterfly!! All your cards are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love the colour combo you used on all of your cards! They're so fresh and wonderful! I especially love the second one with the pretty butterfly -- great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all of your cards! Great save on the mother of pearl one--I am so prone to smudges and blops and spatters too (thus, my use of oddly placed sequins and mini butterflies--LOL).

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fantabulous cards - lovely bright and fresh xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning trio of cards Sarah! The first absolutely screams citrus - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry for the late visit, teamie! I love all your creations, so vibrant and refreshing in those colours. I want to dive into that cocktail, your balloons are fabulous in those colours and your butterfly looks like you've just sliced into a lime. Thanks for another entry over at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards ... love your faux MOP. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.