Sunday 6 March 2016

Happy Sunday - it's almost Spring


Hi there friends, I'm zipping in with a quick post to share
a spring time card I've made with a couple of new bits and bobs!


This one uses a brand new stamp from WPlus9 Ranunculus, one of my favourite
blooms as I love all those layers and layers of petals. Plus another newbie is
my MFT Die-Namics Homespun edges which I've used along the left edge of 
the panel. I started out by spritzing some watercolour card with DI re-inkers in 
Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade (mixed with water and perfect pearls)
Once dry I've heat-embossed the floral image with white EP, bleached the ink 
away then coloured using my Gamsai Kuretake paints, wink of stella & glossy accents.
The die-cut 'sending' sentiment is from Simon Says stamp and it's teamed with a 
sentiment from Uniko: Some Bunny. To finish some sequins from Lucy Abrams.

Can you guess where this one's going????

Yep, the lovely, awesome and super-talented Darnell is hosting her 6th
NBUS Challenge and there's not long to play so had to get those 
new but unused stuff cracked open, inked, coloured and cut!!!


The theme at Timeout Challenges this week is Spring / Easter
so I'd like to pop my card in there too although I've got to admit I
haven't twisted with the masking option on this occasion! It's also their 2nd 
Birthday so huge congrats to the team and here's to the next 2!!!

Grab Our Badge!

One more challenge I've spotted where this card might be appropriate too is 
Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge and this week's theme is 
Touchy Feely so there's quite a few items of that nature!!!
Sequins, glitter card, embossing, glossy accents and the perfect-pearls
spritzed BG also adds a 'speckled' texture to the touch.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Ok that's all for now and thanks for calling by!
Catch up with you all again soon!


Sarah

17 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah, this is stunning! So vibrant ... Spring on a card! I love it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, buddy, this is a-ma-zing! So many different products but they all work brilliantly together. Those colours are deeeelish! I think I might like this....A LOT! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the spritzed background and warm, sunny tones of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is real spring Sarah !
    Great colors together !

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunner, Sarah ... such rich, wonderful watercolouring and a fabulous spritzy background ... just gorgeous! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational card Sarah, the colours are so full of Spring hope and wow to the colouring...I haven't twisted this week or next so I wouldn't worry. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever seen a ranunculus, but this is sure pretty, Sarah! Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card....Love your beautiful ranunculus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coloring and design!! I saw this on Instagram and I had to visit your blog! So glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm calling this an overall winner, Sarah!!! OH how stunning, brilliant, and beautiful!!! One of my favorite flowers, too!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhis is gorgeous! I love that background and your flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Sarah! Love the idea to use the same color family for the flowers as for the background! Bleaching is what I want to try someday! You used the technique very effectively on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, so loving your cards, always make me feel like going into my room to do more. Love this stamp set, yummy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your two NBUS #6 entries are really magnificent, Sarah! This one is just like a beautiful garden photo and your vibrant blue one took my breath away!! Thank you so much for playing twice! I'm sorry I'm very late in coming by to comment. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, beautiful card, Sarah! That background is amazing! Thanks for joining us at TO :o) ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats for getting HM at TO x

    ReplyDelete
  17. just ran across this on pinterest. It's gorgeous! Am wondering how you "bleached" out the background color. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.