Sunday 6 March 2016

A Happy Mothers' Day Trio!


Hello there and I'm a bit late in the day for this but 
Happy Mothers' Day to all those mums out there who are celebrating!

I've managed to dodge the kitchen (well almost) today so got a
little crafty time in and I've a trio to share with you!

First up it's another one for Darnell's NBUS #6 challenge plus
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Touchy Feely!


Here I've used another NBUS set - this time from Altenew: Magnolias For Her.
I started out by blending distress inks onto the top corner of the card, fading it out 
before spritzing a little water for some added interest. The magnolias are heat-embossed
 onto vellum then coloured using my Derwent Coloursoft pencils. 
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted: Say it In Style and to finish sparkly sequins
 from Pretty Pink Posh just because I love them!

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

I'm hoping the raised vellum blooms, sequins and 'feel' better sentiment will
work over at Simon Says Stamp! 

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


Next up I've gone all Geometric which means I'd like to add this
over at Inkspirational - in fact the last card is also on a geometric 
spectrum but I think I prefer this one - don't you?


I started out doing more inky blending in an ombre style using distress inks 
in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and Broken China.
Once I was happy with the blending I used a bokeh stencil from Simon Says Stamp
and re-inked in the various colours through the circles. A little spritz of perfect pearls
with water just because I can't stop myself then I decided to slice the panel
into 3 triangles for added effect! Just another geometric shape eh!
To finish a heat-embossed sentiment from Uniko: Simply Said Birthday plus
some Doodlebug Sprinkles and silver pearls from my stash.




Last up and I can admit I've gone crazy over Faux Mother of Pearl and
I've so many bits and pieces of various colours that I'll never 
manage to use them all - BUT it's such fun playing isn't it!


So this one is heading across to Happy Little Stampers - CAS Challenge
and having created my Faux Mother of Pearl Panel with Liquid Pearls
and Distress inks I've sliced it into squares using the MFT Die-namics
stitched square dies. A bold 'thanks' sentiment which is die-cut 3 times
from WPlus9 and some sequins from Lucy Abrams to finish it off.


Ok that's all for me this weekend and it's work tomorrow so think I 
should be making a move to bed soon! 

Thanks for calling by and I'll catch up with you again soon.



Sarah

20 comments:

  1. Wow,wow and wow. Three fabulous cards. The magnolia one is amazing! the vibrancy of the colours is just brilliant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!! your cards are stunning!! I saw your first card on Darnell's blog and hopped right here! Can I come to England so you can teach me how to paint like this!?! (Just kidding don't get scared giggles) BEAUTIFUL beautiful cards!!!

    patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! The top one is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is full of unlimited awesomeness!! Totally LOVE all your cards! The second one is my fave-so clever take on Geometric! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab bunch of cards Sarah...all beautiful, but then you never produce anything that isn't beautiful!
    The faux mother of pearl panels are gorgeous!
    Chrissie
    HLS CAS team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you had a fun Mother's Day! Love all the cards. The Ink card really is full of so much geometric designs and I especially love you cut it up in these angles...inspired! Thanks for joining Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! The vibrancy of the blue on your first two cards is amazing Sarah. Beautiful colouring on the flowers on the first and a really serene background on the geometric design...but the star of the show for me is the bottom as it uses one of my fave colour combos.
    Hugs, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sarah, your magnolia blossoms are magnificent! Love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with your blue magnolias! And off to see what Liquid Pearls are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trio of treats for the eyes, Sarah! LOve the Distress blue you're using - gorgeous coloring, cutting, and piecing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW! Love all your cards, Sarah! But the first one is jaw dropping! Gorgeous and I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Touchy Feely Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A trio of amazing beauties. I love them all. Particularly that first card. So gorgeous. I am going to see if I can do something like this. Love the deep rich tones and all the different shades of blue you were able to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Sarah, what a gorgeous collection! Those magnolias are truly stunning ... the graphic triangles rare so cool ... and those MOP panels are so shimmeringly delicious! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, scrummy, classy, fabulous gorgeousness! I love all of these, Sarah. I have to agree with my fellow commenters, your blue magnolias are just jaw-dropping, you've worked wonders with your Coloursoft pencils, I think there's something wrong with mine! ;) I love the vibrancy of your blue bokeh geometrics and the mother of pearl looks wonderful in these colours.
    So glad you played along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome cards! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW your flowers look stunning...amazing coloring skills
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sarah three totally stunning cards. Love the look of them all. The blue flower is so beautiful wow. Then the geometric design and the faux pearl I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 3 great cards and your geometric design is beautifully restrained which lets us appreciate the colour and the spots. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful trio of cards...love them all! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your gorgeous card caught my attention in the NBUS gallery. The deep blue and your overall design are wonderful. I love your sponged corner and the placement of your flowers and sentiment. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.