Sunday 21 June 2015

Sunday Catch Up


Morning All I'm on catch up today as I've spent
the last 2 days visiting universities with our daughter.
We've had some pretty long and full on days so not
been in my usual commenting and creating routine!

Here in the UK it's Father's Day today so we have the 
in-laws visiting shortly but I wanted to post these cards
to enter a few challenges first.

First up is my entry for this week's Muse Card Challenge.
I love the balloon style Marion has used and I've kept quite
close to her card style and colour this week. It's Marion's last week
at Muse so I simply had to play along. She's been an awesome source
of inspiration to me with her cards since I started playing along.
I love her use of colours and brilliant designs.


Card Recipe:
Paper Smooches: Balloon Dies
Clearly Besotted: Mini Basic Banner sentiments & matching die
Glossy Accents and Embroidery thread for added detail


I'd also like to link this card up at Freshly Made Sketches and
CASology: Kids - I mean kids always love balloons don't they!

  

    




Next up is to enter at Addicted to CAS where the codeword is 'SPLASH'
along with Happy Little Stampers where it's 'sprays and mists' this month.


I started out by using a Memory Box butterfly Stencil, inking through it with
blue/green shades of distress inks then removing the stencil and 'spritzing/misting'
using a home-made spray of water and perfect pearls to add some shimmer.
Once dry I've added splashes of water to the butterflies to re-activate the inks
and form splashes and sprays of colour.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted: it's your birthday
and I've added a strip of DP from Doodlebug in a coordinating colour.


   


Thanks as always for stopping by and hope you have a good day


Sarah

24 comments:

  1. Two great cards Sarah. I'm really touched by your kind words. Thank you for playing along this week at Muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are amazing ... as always Sarah!
    Having a child at uni is a new phase in one's life. Hoping she will find the 'right ' one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards -- love the bfly and the steps you did to achieve it~ Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic combination of these challenges - love all your white space with the pops of colour from the balloons! So glad you joined us at Muse and CASology this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Sarah. Especially love how you've created your dreamy looking butterflies with misting --- gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS and Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on catch up too! Love the gloss on the balloons and the butterflies are gorgeous. Have a fun evening, catch up in the week. Nonni off at Concert with Callum tonight and goes tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tow absolutely beautiful cards...I am in love with your balloon Muse card, so perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your cards, Sarah! The balloons are bright and fun and the butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards! I love the Glossy Accent covered balloons and the butterflies are just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popped in for a quick catch up Sarah, sorry can't comment on everything I've missed whilst I've been away but these 2 are stunners as always - simply love the butterflies! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. More fabulous cards - love the bright balloons and the softness of your butterflies. I hope your daughter finds a university that she likes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your take on Marion's brilliant card... glad to see someone [not me] had the proper perfect colours and banner! Oh so pretty, Sarah! Good luck on the search!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, both cards are awesome...I love your take on Marion's card -- yes, I think most kids love balloons (and lots of grown-ups, too). Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards, Sarah! Adding the Glossy Accents add a nice touch! :)
    (from ExperimentsWithCardMakingetc.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two completely different cards but so beautiful ....I am in awe of your butterfly card ! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful cards sarah, the balloons are fab, thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! I love the clean look of the first. The shiny balloons and textured background are such nice details. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two really fabulous cards, Sarah! I love your take on Marion's card and your butterflies are stunning! I'm so glad you played along with us again at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards Sarah! Love the colors! Thanks for joning us over at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards. I stopped by to see your butterfly card. So pretty. Can't go wrong with butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both stunning cards Sarah, but the butterflies has to be myfvourite...brilliant inspiration...x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, Sarah, so perfect for the challenges! I especially love your take on the MUSE card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous cards, the glossy accents on the balloons are awesome :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.