Saturday 6 December 2014

ICY LOLLIES AND CHRISTMAS ....

Happy Saturday all and thank you for your lovely comments
about the 200th celebration of LIM  and my new Auntie status!
Unfortunately I'm in a tizz with days and dates at the moment 
and in fact my sister is booked in for this Tuesday (9th)!
What a dummy I am but your comments are much appreciated.
So onto this week's challenge and ...
I dread asking if you are ready for Christmas ...
 as I'm still frantically cutting and sticking to make my 
Christmas cards for this year and 
wrapping presents - haven't even started!!!
This week we have a colour challenge for you at 
Less is More 
... so if you are disorganised like me you could twist 
these colours around for Christmas as I've done!
Here's my cards



Card Recipe
Uniko Studio: Snowflake Dies & Sentiment (heat-embossed on vellum)
Cuttlebug: Embossing folder
Gems from my stash

I'd like to enter this card at
(in case you don't know, Kylie recently did the artwork for my 
blog header, signature and water mark and she also administers
several challenges including Addicted to CAS & Addicted to Stamps

A quick edit here thanks to Sandie who reminded me the 
Uniko Studio challenge is still live so I'm going to
Head over there to enter this one.



Having received some new goodies from the latest Uniko Studio 
release I couldn't wait to try them out so this card uses the following sets:

Simply Said Christmas
Background Builders Vines - Winter Additions
Rustic Christmas 
Dies: MFT Die-namics pierced rectangles
Spellbinders nesties - labels
To add the essential Christmas bling I've added
glossy accents, wink of stella and pearls

I'd like to enter this one at Addicted to Stamps & More
where it's a Clean & Simple week

GRAB OUR BADGE!



This is a really cheeky, CAS and quick one for mass production!
Using Mama Elephant: Landscape Trio dies for a 'pelmet' effect
a strip of foil card from DCWV
Uniko Studio: Simply Said & Rustic Christmas sets
Doodlebug sprinkles and gems for baubles

I'm going to pop this one in at Simon Says Stamp
where the theme is Christmas / Holiday card

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



I'm creating Christmas cards like a maniac now as you can tell!
This one uses some other Uniko Studio images from last year's 
Christmas set: Peace on Earth
I've used the same technique as shown a few weeks ago here
using glossy accents to resist the Distress Inks
 A little bakers twine from my stash and matted using 
MFT Die-namics pierced rectangles.

I'd like to enter this one in the Merry Monday challenge
which features birds this week.



Last but not least


I've used 'snippets' of glitter and textured cardstock to create the
diagonal striped panel, word die and sentiment from Clearly Besottted
with gems from my stash.

... and as I've used 'snippets' it would be rude not to head over
to Pixies Snippet Playground if I've time to dash in under the gates!


Well you certainly enjoyed the celebrations challenge last week 
full of AMAZING creations and superb inspiration.
Amongst your comments and blog posts there were some very special
and heartfelt words about Less is More. It made me feel quite emotional
reading them and so honoured to be part of the team despite not having 
been here from the start as a lot of you obviously have.

Thanks for your continued support and looking forward to 
this week's 'icy' creations on your blogs.

Thanks as always for stopping by
Sarah

35 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    You used the colors in the most perfect way! Thanks so much for the inspiration... and your kind comments on my blog. It means a lot to me!
    (LOVE the new blog look!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning collection of cards! I love this colour palette!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you have been busy - what a great collection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are simply acing the Christmas card scene... what fabulous, fabulous cards and they all look amazing in this colour palette. Simply stunning... I'm sure lots of inspiration will be gained from these little beauties! It's so good to have you on board at LIM!
    Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colours and some great cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five gorgeous inspirational cards Sarah, you've been busy. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous Sarah! Loads of inspiration as always and of course I adore your snippets card - pleased to see you managed to squeeze in OK :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab collection of cards .... love the colour combo! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sarah, way to go showcasing all these Uniko stamps! I love the enamel dots as baubles, very cool idea and the card with the mix of the additions is fab in these colours. Thanks for joining us at ATSM and why not enter at least 2 into the Uniko challenge, they are such fabulous designs to show off these stamps x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie.... Will pop add one to the uniko challenge too. X

      Delete
  10. The only word that I can think about by admiring your cards is amazing. I like them all, but the last one is my favourite. :-))
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  11. My you are on a roll Sarah, absolutely fab cards. Love the little enamel dots as baubles.
    So pleased to see you at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous selection of cards...love the colour combo and you have created such lovely Christmas cards with it! You are rocking the Uniko stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning array, Sarah ... you've used these gorgeous colours to perfection! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Sarah. I feel lazy now!

    Lovely colours and pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful collection of cards, Sarah! You've done an amazing job with inking, embossing paste and color selection, as always! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
    And...I love your new Blog Header, Signature and Watermark! Kylie has really out-done herself with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these cards are amazing, Sarah. You are so talented! Thanks so much for playing along in my Christmas Card Challenge and ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ALL stunning as ever Sarah! What talent! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see you lined up to Uniko Sarah...you know I love these cards x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards, they are so beautiful, I might borrow the design of the first one if it it's ok with you?

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is a stunning set of cards and I love them all. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards, those colors work so well together..what a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Wow WOW! How many WOW's can I fit into one comment?! Not enough apparently as you have worked your magic with a ton of Uniko Studio goodness :) The colour scheme you have used on these beauties is divine. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. I think I can honestly say you are WAAAAAAY ahead of me in the Christmas prep department, I've not done a thing & I can't believe it's the 8th already! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, lots of beautiful cards! I love the colors you have used. They would make a very nice collection! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creations as always, Sarah. Such a lovely colour palette and you've managed to create so many different designs, your mind must be constantly overflowing with ideas. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are absolutely fantastic! Gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous selection of cards Sarah, I love all of the different techniques and styles.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous post loaded with amazing inspiration, can't say which one is my fav but I am totally in love with the enamel dot ornaments :), thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely cards and great inspiration......

    Thank you for your lovely coments on my dotty card....
    Hugs
    Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh Sarah how ever did you manage so many cards so near Christmas too?? They are all fabulous of course. I am still sorting Xmas 'stuff ' just the pressie's to wrap now I hope. I also have two grandchildren with birthdays in a few days and just after Xmas yikes! need a long lie down in a dark room I think lol. Thanks for all the amazing commenting you do every week too. I left comments for all the LIM entries last week and it takes forever I know !!! congrats on the Auntie status too, I am hoping he/she has arrived by now ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm joining your disorganised club Sarah - not sure if Christmas will be happening at all in our household at this rate! Your gallery of cards is stunning as always and what inspiration for quick makes - thank you! Best wishes to your sister and all the family! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous cards Sarah ! all of them are fabulous ! love the idea of using sprinkles for baubles too, brilliant ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the idea of using enamel dots as Xmas tree baubles!!! such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.