Saturday 13 December 2014

Dreaming of a White Christmas ...

As the saying goes 'desperate times call for desperate measures'
 ... well that sums me up this week with some very quick
one layer Christmas cards to keep on top of the ever growing
list of Christmas chores ...
AND as luck would have it it's a ONE LAYER Week at
Less is More
with a SNOW theme
If you saw my blog post yesterday you'll have seen my excited 
announcement at being invited to join the DT at Uniko Studio
and as Beverley loves her snowflakes I couldn't resist 
stamping them up for a few of my cards this week.
Here goes:
From Uniko Studio I've used:
Big & Bold - Snow from the recent release
and Stunning Snowflakes released last year
I've heat embossed the sentiment in WOW silver glitter EP
Stamped the snowflakes around it then dusted some 
blue ink around the background to make it an even chillier scene!
To finish I've added a few gems from my stash
First of all I embossed a stitched rectangle die from the 
MFT Die-namics set to add some detail to the card then using 
the Stunning Snowflakes stamps from Uniko Studio I've heat embossed
the snowflakes with the WOW silver glitter EP and added gems to the centres.
The sentiment is from the same set.
I've been watching some craft videos by Kristina Werner recently, in particular
 her Holiday cards. She often uses EP round the edges of the card so I've 
tried it on this card to add some extra interest to the one layer card and 
you can see one of Kristina's videos Here showing the technique.
The colours on this card appear to be in line with the colour palette
at this week's Colour Me...! Challenge so I'm hopping over there
shortly to link up my card along with the Timeout Challenge
which is a photo inspiration using similar images and layout
   Let it Snow 

Another of my favourite stamp companies, in case you hadn't realised 
is Clearly Besotted so I've used the following from their range:
Signature Christmas Dies which I've used as a mask
Christmas Sparkle: Tree image to create my snowflakes, which 
are heat embossed in white before inking with Peacock Feathers Distress ink.

The sentiment is from the Little Pudding set and I've hand-drawn 
(yes hand-drawn which was VERY scary)
the strings and bows to my ornaments with a Pilot silver marker
and to finish some turquoise pearls from my stash.


Last but not least ...


The Christmas Sparkle set from Clearly Besotted 
stamped in Sea Breeze chalk ink with the sentiment and star 
heat embossed in WOW silver glitter EP.
A wrap around of coordinating hemp cord from my stash
and some mini gems for that bit of bling to my tree.

Oh speaking of BLING that's the theme at this week's
Simon Says Stamp Challenge so I'm off there to add this card.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks as always for stopping by my blog,
it's always appreciated and thank you for another
fabulous collection of entries using the colour scheme from
last week's Less is More challenge.

Before I go I must thank you all for your comments on my 
'new' Auntie status which I was a week premature on!

At last here he is ... my gorgeous baby nephew
born Tuesday 9th - Harry Joseph weighing 7lb 0.5oz
I can't wait to give him a  HUGE cuddle!



I do hope you can find a little crafty time this week 
to take part and look forward to catching up with you soon.


Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Aww what a cutie of a Nephew :) It's hard to believe now that my babies were that small, they grow SO fast! Love LOVE LOVING all the snowflakes and such awesomeness all in one place :) Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards - the Uniko stamps are perfect for this week's snow theme. Wish I had got the big snow stamp now! I also love the Clearly Besotted ornaments - aqua and silver look so pretty together. I hope you get on top of the Christmas to do list....we are off to get the tree today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the cards are as stunning as ever, Sarah, but little Harry beats them all hands down!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such beautiful blue and silver cards, Sarah... I may have to try that WOW silver - it's gorgeous!! I'd like a snuggle with that little guy, too!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nephew is adorable! And what a stunning collection of cards. I love, love the dusting of blue ink, such a 'cool' idea! And the embossing around the edge for your Time out card is the perfect touch to take your card one level up to perfect! Thanks for joining us at Time out xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful, but your nephew is as sweet as only newborn baby can be. :-))
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards! The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning cards Sarah. Your nephew looks so tiny, what a cutie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards and a handsome nephew x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your designs... just fabulous!
    The sparkly silver around the edge of the 2nd card looks awesome!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous selection yet again, Sarah. I love all the silvers and blues, so beautiful. I'm always put off by embossing one layer cards as my cards nearly always warp but yours look fabulous. Have a lovely time having cuddles with that little cutie, he looks so munchy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great LIM cards Sarah and congratulations he is adorable xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay cannot decide which of these delights I like the best :) Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us at Colour Me...! this week. Sure hope you will be back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous snowy collection Sarah and congrats on the Uniko post and the new nephew!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. An absolutely amazing array of cards Sarah. Your style is just so elegant!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous snowy inspiration Sarah, love them all...and what a little darling your nephew is. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, Sarah, love them all. Congrats on becoming an aunt, your nephew looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your CAS creations. And your nephew is really cute. :) Thank you for joining us over at the TO Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sure is a feast for the eyes Sarah. I just love the silver on the card edge. Congrats on your baby nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards, Sarah ... all of them ... all that shimmery silver's fabulous! Congratulations on your new auntiehood ... your nephew's a little sweetie! Always a pleasure to have you play with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards Sarah but your nephew outshone everything lol, what a cutie! many congrats to everyone, enjoy the cuddles they grow so quickly ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.